11.27.2012

Michelle + Todd Wedding (Bigfork, Montana)

Event Location: Family Lake House Montana
Dress: Jenny Lee borrowed from sister.
Veil: Avenia Bridal (www.aveniabridal.com)
Shoes: Flats: Vera Wang, Heels: Valentino (www.neimanmarcus.com)
Make up and Hair: Stephanie Bybee
Suit: Canali, Salt Lake City, Ut (www.dgrantltd.com)
Wedding Ring and Engagement ring:
Wedding Ring (his): Wilson Jeweler Provo, Ut
Florist: Conrad Floral Bigfork, Mt (www.conradfloral.com)
Event Rental: Celebrate Events Bigfork, Mt (www.celebraterentals.com)
Catering: Appetizers, Italian Sodas, Drinks, Desserts Darla Evanson Salt Lake City, Ut
(darlasflavors.com)
Catering: Main meal John’s Angels Catering Whitefish, Mt (www.johnsangelscatering.com)
Something Old- Jewelry
Something New- Veil
Something Borrowed- Wedding dress from my sister, which didn’t need to be altered at all, fit me like a glove.
Something Blue- Garter

Comments from me:
This wedding is another amazing trip I took this past summer. Although my husband can't join me on my travels very often, every once in a while it works out that he is able to come. I flew to Bigfork, Montana for this beautiful and intimate wedding on Echo Lake. The bride and her family have a vacation home on Echo Lake that they've been going to for years. The most important part about this wedding to the bride, was that she have it at the lake. While I photographed their wedding, I was truly treated like a part of the family. Everyone that was invited was either close friends or family, and even though I didn't know anybody there, I felt like such a part of the group. As the bride got ready, she was able to stare out a large window into the lake. We could see all of the boys bathing (in their bathing suits) in the lake. Not long after that, the bride walked down the stairs as she'd done hundreds of times during her childhood summers, but this time it was to marry the man of her dreams. As the sun set on the wedding, everyone ate prime rib and mashed potatoes from a local caterer on the bride's mother's mismatched china. The night ended with fireworks on the dock.

Because the wedding was on the first day of our trip, my husband and I enjoyed the rest of the trip in a small cabin nearby. We went jet skiing, ate at local restaurants, and swam in Flathead Lake. Such an amazing trip that I will always remember.

Comments from the bride:
The most important thing to me about the wedding was the location. With Todd being from California, us living in Utah, and me being from Canada, the location would be difficult but my parent’s summer home was the right location and most important thing to me. So many memories have happened there and I wanted our most important day to be included with them. It was a great location to bring our close friends and family to celebrate during this special time.

I also really wanted the wedding to be a DIY wedding and have my talented family help out as much as possible. My brother and mom designed the invitations along with my brother painting a mural of the lake to be placed on the invites. My mom and I made a lot of the decorations. My sister helped to throw the whole vision together on the day of and get a lot of the little projects completed before hand. She was also going to make the wedding cake since she is a professional pastry chief, but unfortunately got extremely sick before the wedding and couldn’t handle baking while ill. My mom is famous for her homemade caramels so we knew having her make them for the favors was perfect. Being in the middle of a remodel during the whole process, my whole family really helped out the entire summer. We had guests help get the yard ready with building retaining walls, mowing the lawn, making the wood signs for the wedding, donating flowers, ect.

We really wanted the day to be simple and laid back. Todd and I are both shy, quiet people and didn’t want all of the attention on us. We wanted guest to mingle as much as possible while relaxing with a beautiful view. The one thing that was important to both of us was having good food for our guests to enjoy. Another thing that was important to us was letting my dad go crazy with having a huge firework display at the end of the night with the help of a family friend, which was beautiful and really shocked our guests.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover